Easy homemade recipes from our family to yours.
Gingerbread recipe & baking pan guide for loaves & muffins.
Loaf Of Gingerbread Baked With Fall Spices
Enjoy baking this bread as the warm aromatic spices of cinnamon, cloves and ginger waft through the air. Something about the smell of these fall spices bring a flood of seasonal memories.
Pan Size Guide – Gingerbread Recipe
Bake gingerbread into mini loaves or mix and match different shapes and sizes of bread pans.
Use the baking pan guide below to help you choose the right size of pan and easily know how much batter to use to fill each pan.
|# of Cups
|Mini loaf pan: 5¾”x3¼”
|Bread pan: 8″x4″x2½”
|Large bread pan: 8½”x4½”x2½”
|Round cake pan: 8″x2″
Gingerbread Pound Cake RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Naturally sweetened with honey and molasses this gingerbread recipe is sure to please everyone who loves fall spices of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Serve with coffee or tea for breakfast or bake ahead for a quick dessert or snack.
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup honey
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a prepared oblong bread pan.
- Bake 350°F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Prepare baking dish by buttering all sides and bottom of bread pan with a cold pat of butter. Add a small about of flour and tilt from side to side to cover all edges with flour. Tap out and empty excess flour.
- How to freeze gingerbread loaves: Before freezing let the loaf cool completely then wrap individual loaves in baking paper and tightly wrap with plastic wrap to seal out any air pockets. Freeze up to 6 months or refrigerated for 5-7 days.
- How to freeze single servings of gingerbread? Slice the cooled gingerbread loaf keeping it in one piece. Tightly wrap in baking paper and place in a plastic freezer bag and freeze. To warm individual servings, pull frozen slice from freezer and toast or let thaw covered at room temperature.