Easy homemade recipes from our family to yours.
Creamy caramel sauce for desserts & dipping.
Caramel Sauce Recipe – Topping For Desserts
Make your own creamy and smooth caramel sauce with out cream. Easy recipe with simple ingredients like caramelized sugar, butter, flour and vanilla. The best part about this recipe is it’s simple. You wont need a candy thermometer, I will show you how to make this caramel sauce with just a wooden spoon, oven mitts, and a sturdy pan.
What Everyone Loves To Make With This Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
Caramel Apples: Make your own caramel sauce to dip apple slices in.
Caramel dessert: Poor this delicious caramel sauce over cake recipes like apple pudding or Hershey’s chocolate cake.
Caramel Popcorn: If you have a sweet tooth but can’t eat a lot of sugar make a caramel popcorn dip.
Ice Cream Sundaes: Easy homemade caramel sauce for vanilla ice cream or chocolate sundaes. Top with heavy whipping cream, nuts and a cherry for ice cream sundaes.
34 ICE CREAM PARTY TOPPINGS
Plan your party! Get your ice cream menu with FREE printable topping tags.
Creamy Caramel Sauce – Best Caramel Sauce RecipeCourse: Dessert, SauceCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Simple caramel sauce recipe made without cream is one of many popular recipes for ice cream sundaes, caramel desserts and dips. A thick caramel sauce is a delicious addition to your holiday dessert.
⅓ cup sugar
1 cup water
⅓ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons flour
⅓ cup butter
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- How to make caramel sauce without cream – creamy base
- Combined sugar flour and water into a medium saucepan.
- Boil until sauce thickens.
- Pull sauce pan off the stove to a cold surface and whisk in cold unsalted butter and vanilla extract.
- How To Make Golden Brown Caramel Syrup for Caramel Sauce
- Add 1/3 cup sugar to a small heavy-bottomed saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water. Mix together so the sugar crystals are wet.
- Wash down the sides of the pot with a little water. Use a pastry brush or the tips of your fingers to wet the entire wall of the pan.
- Cook the sugar mixture over medium-high heat. Bring sugar mixture to a boil, do not stir!
- Keep boiling until sugar syrup is a light amber color.
- Cool caramel mixture for a few minutes by placing the bottom half of the pot in a sink of cold water.
- Carefully mix together the hot sugar syrup into the creamy base, whisk until combined.
- Place the finished sauce in a glass container and serve over the top of ice cream, cakes, or as a dip for apple slices.
- Homemade salted caramel sauce: add a little bit of salt over the top of your finished sauce. I like to use sea salt flakes over my caramel sauce.
- How to make a thinner caramel sauce: While the caramel cools but is still warm add a few tablespoons of butter or coconut oil.
- How to make dairy-free caramel sauce: Substitute the same amount of coconut oil for butter.
- How to make gluten-free caramel sauce: Use your favorite brand of all purpose gluten free flour. Use the same amount, (1 to 1 ratio) in this caramel sauce recipe.
- How to store caramel sauce: Cool caramel sauce to room temperature before storing. Place in a glass jar or airtight container, refrigerate for up to one month.